Mobile phones

If you want to offer the public ringtones, answer the phone ringtones,videoclips and films with music to be downloaded or listen to on the mobile phone, it is necessary to obtain a licence from SIAE, and to pay the fees due to authors and publishers of the musical pieces you want to use.

To obtain the licence for the use of Musical Works for telephone services it is necessary to contact the Multimedia Office at the following address:

SIAE Ufficio Multimedialità

Viale della Letteratura, 30

00144 ROMA.

or to send an e-mail to:

After you have obtained the licence, every three months you have to send SIAE the report and the summary statement of proceeds and effect the payment of the fees due.

Remember that: - Besides SIAE licence for music, if you use original recordings of the works (taken from audio-cds, dvds,Internet websites) first of all it is necessary to contact record companies, in order to obtain their authorization.