Reprography and Photocopies
SIAE transfers the received rights to authors and publishers from the photocopying of volumes or files of periodicals made in copy shops, public and university libraries, etc.
The Law no. 633 of 1941, amended by the Law 248 of 2000, allows the photocopying of volumes and files of periodicals with no prior authorisation from those entitled to the right, as long as it is for personal use and within the limit of 15%, expecting a fee from libraries and copy centres. According to the law, SIAE is assigned to collect and allocate the fees to authors and publishers, based on ad hoc agreements with the representative associations of those concerned (authors, publishers and users).
The share of the author’s rights related to the reprography activity during the year happens before the month of December of the following year, based on a system of samples, the surveying and data processing operations of which have been assigned to the representative associations of authors and publishers, in return for payment.
When the surveying and sampling activities are concluded, the representative associations of authors and publishers provide SIAE with lists of names of those entitled to rights, so SIAE contacts them to pay off their shares.
In order to find the exact contact details of authors or their heirs, a list of authors, the contact details of whom have not been available, whom are doubted for homonymy, the heirs of whom have not been found and whom have not replied to SIAE communications, is at your disposal in this website. This list is updated regularly.
Those entitled to rights who recognize themselves in the list could contact SIAE offices directly according to the instructions provided in the list itself.
Here are the authors we have not been able to find, the ones whose identity is controversial because of homonymy problems and the ones whose heirs have not been identified yet.
To claim their author’s rights, the not yet identified authors or their heirs must contact SIAE as soon as possible, and then send the forms listed below filled in with all the necessary details for the reception of their author’s right fees. Such forms must be sent to SIAE by mail to the following address:Sezione OLAF – Viale della Letteratura, 30 – 00144 ROMA, or they must be sent by fax to th enumber 0659902319 or to the e-mail address: email@example.com, together with a photocopy of your currently valid identity card.
For any further information you can always use the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy provided pursuant to the article 13 of the Legislative Decree No. 196 dated 30thJune 2003 “Personal Data Protection Code”. The above law disciplines the privacy of personal data and imposes obligations to those who “use” the personal data of other people. Among the fulfilments to respect, you must inform the person of how his data are used;
1. According to the article 4 (a) of the Legislative Decree No. 196/03, data “use” means any operations or a series of operations, also with no help from electronic tools, concerning: collection, modification, interconnection, registration, selection, block, organisation, extraction, cancellation, conservation, consultation, comparison, destruction, processing, use, communication, data circulation, even if not registered in a database.
2. Please note that the use of personal data, also by database management, is made by SIAE fulfilling the legal obligations expected by the articles 68 and 181 b) of the Law 633/41. In the light of the provisions outlined above, SIAE levies and allocates the fees for the photocopies of protected works, for personal use and within 15% limit of the entire work, to those entitled.
3. Please note that personal data could be sent as a communication to trade associations, in order to let the Authority finding those entitled to benefit from the fee, in a view of cooperation.
4. Please note that, due to the purposes of the use, as illustrated above, the provision of data is mandatory. The missing transmission would not let SIAE fulfil its legal obligations accurately.
5. Please note that the related data will be used:
- On digital and/or paper device;
- By people authorised to fulfil these obligations, constantly identified and “assigned” according to the article 4 (g) and conveniently educated to the respect of constraints as of the Legislative Decree No. 196/03;
- Using security measures to:
Guarantee the privacy of the interested person, data of whom they refer to;
Avoid the illicit access to third parties or non-authorised personnel.
6. SIAE is the owner of data treatment with registered office in Rome, Viale della Letteratura 30.
7. The law recognises the ownership of the rights to SIAE according to the article 7 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/03.
8. According to the article 10 no.7 of the Legislative Decree No. 196/03, when the existence of data of the interested person do not result as confirmed, following the request as in the article 7(1) (2) (a) (b) (c), a contribution to expenses non exceeding the actual costs for the research of the specific case can be requested.