Limitation of protection
By submitting a specific request, each SIAE’s Member or Principal can limit, free of charge, the categories of rights and/or territories for which protection is requested.
The limitation of protection can be exercised at the time of submission of the membership application or with a minimum notice of four months and with effect from January 1 of the year following the one during which the communication is received by the Society, as established at paragraph 7, Article 6 of SIAE’s by-laws:
- through the New Authors and Publishers Portal, where the position data can be independently, quickly and easily modified;
- by filling in the form relevant to the variation requested, that as to be duly signed and sent via the Certified E-mail provided by SIAE to all rightholders to Comunicazioni.SIAE@pec.siae.it or sent by registered letter with return receipt to Customer care – SIAE – Viale della Letteratura 30 – 00144, Rome together with a copy of a valid identity document as an attachment.
- through the SIAE Assistance Form Web by selecting the repertoire of interest; Services related to the management of the membership association; Changes related to the SIAE position.
Author and/or adapter of cinematographic and assimilated works (author of the plot, adapter, screenwriter, director).
- Registration of at least one work through the form mod. 117 Authors or mod. 117 Adapters/Dialoguists together with the specific form proving the public release of at least one cinematographic/assimilated work to which you participated in as an author and/or adapter, by which you can entrust us with the management of your repertoire and choose to receive by e-mail, instead of ordinary mail, the statements relating to the royalties paid.
Author of the literary part
- registration of at least one work through the form mod. 91 together with a copy of the work in its final and dramatized version.
- the protection of music works falls within the competence of the Drama and Radio/TV works Section only if it is "original music", i.e. expressly composed for "operettas", "musical plays", "works of dramatic genre with original music" or "fantasy theatre" and constitutes, together with the literary text, an indivisible single work . It must be registered together with the author of the literary part, as a joint work. Through the form mod. 91, together with a copy of the work in its final and dramatized version.
Composer and/or author of the literary part
- Registration of at least one complete work through the form mod. 242, together with a paper copy, manuscript or printed (supplemented or replaced by – when necessary – a recording on record, tape, multimedia carrier, etc.), of the music score and libretto.
Please note: as to the adaptation of works of public domain, it must be deposited a copy of the adapted work, a copy of the original work and a detailed report on the adaptation made.
- Registration of at least one work through the form mod. 242, together with a video reproduction of the work, complete in all its parts.
Author of literary works
- Documentation proving the printed publication or public utilization of at least one work (literary, scientific, etc.) or parts of it, together with a declaration of liability.
- In case of more than one rightholder (e.g. publisher, translator, co-author), it is necessary to fill in also the form mod. 344/DL; in case the work has been created for radio/TV broadcasting, it is necessary to fill in the form mod. 344/RF/TV together with a copy of the contract of commission of the work.
Please note: the deposit of the literary work is never required.
Author of visual arts works (painting, sculpture, photography)
- Documentation proving the sale, or the publishing of at least one work in volumes, catalogues, magazines, etc. or its public utilization in the framework of exhibitions, websites, etc., together with a declaration of liability.
Please note: the deposit of the work is never required.